Are you familiar with the ins and outs of heart disease and the connection it has to your oral health? If not, you are reading the right blog! Heart disease can be a severe threat to your body. Thanks to modern advancements in the medical studies, we now understand there is a link between your heart and the health of your smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Dean Calpas, is happy to help you with your smile in terms of your oral health care. Luckily, our team at Monticello Dental Center in Big Lake, Minnesota, is excited to share some information on the connection, so you can be well informed.
Here are the ins and outs of heart disease and your oral health:
– A failure to stop bacteria from traveling into your bloodstream can lead to a heart condition known as endocarditis.
– If you are not brushing twice daily and flossing once daily, you can give rise to bacteria and plaque in your mouth that can increase your risk for heart disease.
– Common symptoms of gum disease, including early stages of gingivitis, can increase your risk for heart disease.
– Your oral health is linked to heart disease because bacteria in your mouth can increase your risk for it.
– If you are not practicing effective oral hygiene care, you can increase your risk of heart problems such as atherosclerosis and strokes.
If you still have questions about your oral health, or if you are ready to come visit us for a dental checkup, please call us today at 763-263-7100. A member of our team is happy to set up an appointment and help your smile stay healthy.